Wednesday 21 November 2012

Colourful Raw Cold Noodles with Dipping Sauce!


I have other recipes awaiting but I can't wait to share this really simple dish with you.

By the way, I realised pictures in my older entries are all gone. My pictures all link to the Facebook page, and it's a glitch or something. I don't think they will ever come back on ever. Facebook never replies, ever. I'm still linking my pictures from Facebook though just because it's convenient. Sigh! 

Ok let's hope some miracle happens.

Yesterday was a blistering hot day and my body was craving for something cool and filling. I brought out all the vegetables and fruits I could find in my fridge and made this dish. Really, there aren't any specifics about the quantity of the vegetables you can top the noodles with. Here are what I used though:



Main noodle dish:

- Konnyaku noodles (you don't have to cook them!)
- Corn (Just cut them out with a knife from the cob)
- Japanese zucchini (julienne it. I used about 1/3 of a whole piece)
- Carrot (I peeled the skin and julienned it. About 1/2 a carrot)
- Strawberries (I just chopped 3 berries up)
- Dou Miao (I just grabbed a handful)

I used organic veggies and strawberries for this dish. They just happened to be organic as I went to an organic supermarket just the day before and bought all the organic stuff they had that were on sale! Such a great steal! I have no idea why they were on sale as they all looked fresh and great! 

The critical ingredient for this dish is the dipping sauce, so here I'll share the recipe for my dipping sauce! ^^

Dipping sauce:

- 225ml of Tamari Sauce/ Soy Sauce/ Soba Sauce / Kombu Dashi Stock* (recommended!!! ^^)
- 25ml of Apple Cider Vinegar
- drizzle of Sesame Oil
- some Brown Sugar to taste 

I made some kombu dashi stock during the weekend and it can be stored in the fridge for about 3 days. There are lots of ways to make dashi stock. I will just post some links here. 

To make Kombu Dashi:


Very easy to make and it gives your food a Japanese taste. ^^



I hope you like this dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...