How's your Christmas Eve???
You cannot imagine how happy I am. I really miss eating vegetables. I've been eating oatmeal these days out of plain laziness.
Sharing my recipes with you~~ ^^ It's quite a last minute kind of meal. I just added all the vegetables I was craving for for the rice. You can just use any vegetables you like. Yum~!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small potato, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 250ml vegetable stock
- dried basil, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter/margarine
- 6 pieces of 2 different kinds of mushrooms (any kind of mushroom you want. I used shiitake and crimini.), cleaned and diced
- 120g canned cannellini white beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- nutritional yeast, to taste (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. In a small soup pot, heat oil. Over medium heat, add in onions and garlic. Saute until golden.
2. Add potato, celery, vegetable stock and dried basil. Bring to a gentle boil. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add the white beans to the soup. Puree the soup in a food processor till smooth.
4. In a small frying pan, heat up oil and stir-fry mushrooms for about 8 minutes till fragrant.
5. Add mushrooms into soup.
6. Add salt, black pepper and nutritional yeast into soup to taste.
7. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Warm Stewed Veggies Rice
Ingredients (serves 2~3):
- 1 cup of rice with water
- 1 piece of small ginger, peeled and sliced into half
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50g cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 carrot, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- water, if needed
- salt, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- golden raisins and fresh parsley, for garnish
1. In rice cooker, cook rice with ginger.
2. In a small soup pot, heat oil over medium flame. Add onions and garlic and saute until golden.
3. Stir in vegetables in this order: cabbage, carrot, zucchini, and green pepper. Bring vegetables to a simmer and cover with a lid. Stir occasionally, adding in water, a teaspoon at a time if they turn too dry or look like they will burn. The vegetables should be crisp, not soggy.
4. Add in the cooked rice. Season with salt, turmeric powder, red pepper flakes, ground cumin, ground coriander. Stir evenly.
5. Serve and garnish with raisins and minced fresh parsley.