My mother loved this noodle dish I cooked for her! Recipe is from Chef Chloe's cookbook. The fragrant, nutty, spicy sauce is really really good! ^^
- 4 servings of flat rice noodles
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, chunky or creamy
- 1 tablespoon chilli-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 6 mushrooms, thinly sliced and lightly stir-fried
1. Cook noodles according to package's instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
2. Make the sauce by combining ingredients (B) in a medium saucepan, over medium heat, whisking frequently, until sauce comes together and thickens. Remove form heat and mix in ingredients (C).
3. Toss hot noodles with the sauce, and ingredients (D).
Keep leftovers in fridge and warm it up the next day, or you can simply eat it cold! ^^