Because cooking this is so much fun! It's like magic!! Please try it!
This recipe is from Chef Chloe's awesome cookbook, "Chloe's Kitchen"! ^^
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine (I only put 3 tablespoons though)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour/gluten-free all-purpose flour (rice flour seems to work too!)
- 3 cups soy, almond, or rice milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (I used tomato sauce)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (don't worry, just regular salt is fine too)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I omitted this)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave (I used maple syrup because that's the only liquid sweetener I have! Feel free to substitute it with 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar)
1) Make a roux by whisking the the margarine and flour over medium heat for a few minutes until it forms a paste.
3) Reduce heat to low and let simmer until the sauce thickens.
4) Stir in lemon juice and agave.
It's like magic! I was so amazed at the taste! It tastes exactly like cheddar cheese!!!!
And what can you use this cheesy sauce with??
- You can toss your elbow macaroni in this magical cheese sauce to make vegan Mac n' Cheese!
Cook your elbow macaroni according to the package instructions in a medium pot of heavily salted water. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain again.
Toss macaroni in cheese sauce. Pour into an oven-safe bowl and bake at 175℃ for about 20 minutes, or until top is lightly brown and crisp.
Optional: You can toast pecans or sprinkle bread crumbs on top of your mac n' cheese~! ^^
Pic spam! ^^"
- You can eat it with taco chips!!!!!!!
- You can eat it with fries!!!!!!
- You can make a delicious broccoli salad!!!!
- You can spread it on toast!!!
- You can spread it on homemade pizzas!!!
- You can make fried tomato-and-cheese spring rolls!!
- You can use it as vegetable dip!!!
- You can use it as meatballs or fishballs dip!!!!
- Make cheddar cheese ice cream!!!
- Make cheddar cheese biscuits!!!
And many many more!!
Where to buy:
- Nutritional Yeast is sold in packs in Singapore. Buy them from organic or vegetarian shops! I bought mine from Yes Natural ~! ^^
If you love this cheese sauce, do support Chef Chloe's cookbook!! It has 125 delicious recipes in it!!!!!
Also, 'like' Happy Girls Cute Food on Facebook! ^^ Updated everyday~!