Wednesday 21 March 2012

Strawberry Yogurt Cheesecake (easy to make!)



Today is my mother's birthday! So I made her a cake~!


It's a Strawberry Yogurt Cheesecake <3 ^^

This is a very simple recipe. Here is what you need:

Ingredients (for a 6-inch round cake)

Cake
- 100g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 260g cream cheese at room temperature
- juice from 1 lemon
- 10 strawberries


Crust
(I actually used the vegan brownies we made as the crust, but guess what? The taste didn't match very well! So I'll recommend getting digestive biscuits or graham crackers, crushing them, mixing them with melted butter and then just press this mixture at the bottom of the baking pan with your fingertips or a spoon. ^^)

Like this:

Just don't use the brownies, k? They are too rich and dark in the chocolatey taste for this tarty cheesecake. >"<

Frosting:
- Strawberry Yogurt


1) First, cut the cream cheese into chunks.

It's easier to beat it this way. :)

2) Beat eggs until it's creamy.


3) Add the sugar in and beat till evenly distributed in the mixture.

I have a food processor, so it is really quick and easy for me. If you do not have one, just beat this mixture using a whisk! ^^ You may have to beat for a long time.... Haha! But it can train your arms! ^^

4) Add cream cheese into the mixture and beat till thick and creamy.


5) Slice your strawberries and puree them in a separate blender with the lemon juice~ ^^


6) Filter the puree through a metal sieve to the egg mixture. Mix evenly.

Your batter is ready! 

(I took a picture of the batter with my phone...but I think I forgot to save it. -___-" Sorry!!!) 

7) Bake at 150℃ for 60minutes.

Here's the baked cake!

If you're wondering what are the brown specks all over the top, they are actually brownie crumbs. -_-" When the cake was baked, I took it out from the pan....I was too excited to see if it would look nice out of the pan. And then I wanted to put it back, but I stupidly inverted the cake back into the pan. -____-"

Well, anyway!!!

When your cake is baked, you would be really happy!! Do you know why??

It's because the sweet fragrance of strawberries will fill your kitchen!! Haha! It's almost magical. I guess if you want it to really perfume your whole kitchen, you may puree the whole box of strawberries and add it in your batter?? :D

8) When cake is out of the oven, leave it to cool in the baking pan.

9) After cake has cooled, frost it with the strawberry yogurt!!

Just dollop one big spoonful of the delicious yogurt over your baked cake!


And then spread it all over! ^^

This is really fun! 

10) Top your cake with strawberries any way you like it!!! ^^


Look, the cheesecake becomes so white that it almost blends into my walls. Haha!


This is an easy no-fail cake! So do try it! 


I do know how to make a vegan cheesecake...and you don't even have to buy artificial highly-processed vegan cheese to make that! 

However, you will need lots of cashew nuts......and nuts are so expensive! T^T

When I feel a little bit richer, I will show you how to make a vegan cheesecake ok?? ^^

In the meantime, enjoy your cheesecake!! ^^


If you like Happy Girls Cute Food, join the growing family on Facebook for more updates and fun!! ^^ I'm planning many things for Happy Girls Cute Food, and I really hope to see you on Facebook~ I would love to know everyone who like what I like too!! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...