Friday 23 March 2012

Vegan French Toast Apple Cobbler

Just before flying off later, I want to share with you what I made for lunch yesterday!


This is a French Toast Apple Cobbler~ This recipe can make 2 small bowls (pictured above) of it, or 1 big bowl of it. ^^

Ingredients:

French Toast
- 160g of raw cashew nuts, soaked for 2~8 hours, drained and soft
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caramel sauce (or maple syrup)
- sprinkle of cinnamon powder
- sprinkle of nutmeg powder
- sprinkle of salt
- 100ml soymilk
- 1 slice of bread

Apple Filling
- 1 apple
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar

1) Preheat your oven for 200℃.

2) Put the cashew nuts, cornflour, brown sugar, caramel sauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and soymilk into the blender and blend it until really smooth!

Haha my cute little blender. ^^

2) Slice the apples and mix with lemon juice and sugar. Cook them in a saucepan until apples soften.


3) Cut your bread into square chunks like these:


4) Soak the chunks of bread into the French Toast mixture.


By the way, if you taste the mixture now, you will love it so much! Well, I loved it anyway. Hahaha! I kind of just wanted to eat the bread soaked into the mixture like this and forget all about the apples. Haha!

5) Put the apples into 2 small bowls. Put the french toast and the rest of the mixture on top of the apples. Sprinkle some more cinnamon powder on top if you are a cinnamon fan like me. ^^


6) Send them into preheated oven for 20~25 minutes!

7) Enjoy your delicious vegan treat! ^^

I hope you like this recipe! It's simple enough! 

To be honest, I love making vegan desserts because the washing up is usually so much easier and it doesn't smell! Haha! You know how if you use milk or eggs or cheese in a bowl, you should wash the bowls immediately or the smell will linger? Milk and eggs and cheese smell really good when they are in the oven, but they don't smell so nice when they are in your basin awaiting to be washed...haha!

I'm going to Japan in a few hours' time, and I just wanted to share one last recipe for this month before I go~! ^^

Don't worry, this blog will still be active! I'm going to share with you the wonderful cute and delicious food found in Japan! I may be sharing other related cute girly stuff as well! So stay tuned!!! ^^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...