I made some cupcakes yesterday and I just want to share the recipe with you! It was my first time making it. It was super easy; takes only a short time; and best of all, THE CUPCAKES WERE DELICIOUS!!
You don't need many ingredients too! What a happy thing! I bet you can find all these ingredients easily!! And and!! Vegans, you only have to substitute vegan butter/margarine for butter for the frosting part, and this recipe would then be suitable for your diet~! ^^
Ingredients (makes 6):
- 110g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 50g brown sugar
- 50g granulated sugar (your pantry sugar)
- 60ml sunflower oil
- 8ml apple cider vinegar (or any kind of vinegar is fine actually!)
- 16 Korean strawberries
- 60g butter at room temperature
- 75g icing sugar
- 2tbsp water
1) Mix together evenly flour, baking soda and sugar.
Look at this lovely mess! ^^
2) Dice your strawberries!
3) In separate bowl, combine oil and vinegar.
Look at them reacting! This is like doing an experiment in a science lab. Haha!
4) Add strawberries into your vinegar mixture. Stir to combine.
5) Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Stir to combine. Make sure not to over-stir! ^^
How your batter looks a few minutes later~! ^^ Pretty isn't it!
6) Pour batter into prepared cups. Just fill the cups halfway!
7) Bake for 20 minutes at 180℃. When the oven goes 'Ding!', remove your cupcakes from the oven, place them on a wire rack to cool down. Now, let's make your frosting!
1) Cream the butter until it's smooth. I used low speed on my mixer.
2) Add sugar and water. Still on low speed!
3) Once you see that they are quite combined together, beat them on high speed until frosting is light and fluffy~!
4) Cover with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use~! ^^
When your cupcakes are completely cooled, you can frost them and you can decorate them in any way you want! Have fun!!! ^^