In her book, this is called Chloe's Award-Winning Ginger Nutmeg Spice Cupcakes.
I love spices so I really wanted to make this and try how it tasted! In her cookbook, she has a date caramel sauce for this, which I didn't make. I also made my own frosting. If you want the original recipe, please support her cookbook! It has 125 recipes inside, and although she's well-known for winning Cupcakes War, the savoury recipes in her cookbook are really interesting and delicious! There's even a cookie recipe for your dog~!
I think Chef Chloe is such a sweet girl~ She's my idol!!!!
So, anyway, I'm going to share with you the recipe for the basic spice cupcakes and also the recipe for my own frosting. Enjoy!!!
Ingredients (Makes 6):
- 85g all-purpose flour
- 2g baking powder
- 1g baking soda
- 2g ground ginger
- 2g ground nutmeg
- 1g ground cloves
- 1g ground cinnamon
- 2g salt
- 65g sugar
- 55g pumpkin puree, canned or cooked fresh
- 55g coconut milk, mixed well before measuring
- 23g canola oil
- 4g white or apple-cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2. In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk in sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, coconut milk, oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix.
5. Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean with a few crumbs clinging to it. Cool the cupcakes completely before frosting.
- 2 medjool dates
- 55g maple syrup
- 10g water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Place dates in a small saucepan with water to cover, and bring to a gentle boil. Let the dates boil gently for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool to the touch. Peel the dates with your fingers and discard the skin.
2. Remove the pits and coarsely chop the dates. Place in a blender; add maple syrup, water, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 25g cold vegan vanilla whipping cream (I used Toppin' Pride)
1. Beat on high until light and fluffy~! Refrigerate until ready to use.
To assemble the cupcakes, spread a thin layer of the frosting on the Spice Cupcakes and drizzle with the Date Caramel.
'Like' Happy Girls Cute Food on Facebook! Updated everyday! ^^