Thursday 19 July 2012

Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge

My boyfriend had a mad craving for chocolates so I really wanted to make him something really good!

For all my chocolate recipes, I always only use Belcolade chocolate chips. I started using it because they were the only vegan chocolate chips I could find with only cacao and sugar as its ingredients. But now I love them for a different reason. They taste so wonderful! They are the best chocolate I've ever tasted!

This is super easy to make and you can finish making them in less than half an hour, but you have to chill them in the fridge before they're ready, so take note of this! If you want to give your friends a nice chocolatey gift, you have to make this one night before! ^^

And, and!!! I want to credit Chef Chloe for this recipe! Her original recipe uses more sugar, semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts. I changed it a little because my boyfriend likes dark chocolate, and I only have hazelnuts on hand. ^^" So I guess mine has a slightly more mature flavour. If you like sweet chocolates, just use semi-sweet chocolate chips and 15g more powdered sugar~! ^^




Ingredients (Makes 25 tiny squares): 

- 165g coconut milk
- 285g dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla paste/extract
- 30g cocoa powder
- 30g powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts


1. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil or parchment paper so that it covers all sides and hangs over the edges of the pan.

2. In a small saucepan, heat coconut milk over medium heat until the first sign of boiling. Add chocolate chips and reduce heat to low. Let cook, stirring occasionally, until all chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla. Set aside.



3. In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Add the chocolate mixture and beat until all ingredients are incorporated and fudge batter is smooth.


4. Stir in hazelnuts.


5. Spread the fudge evenly into the prepared pan. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature and cut into squares the size you like to serve.




Random, but my crazy boyfriend asked with a straight face why I put chickpeas into my chocolate fudge and that I was very creative and healthy to do that. 

He's an idiot. hahahahaha! 

So, maybe it's a better idea to have roughly chopped, toasted walnuts in your chocolate fudge, so that you give your boyfriend no chance to ask silly questions like that. Haha!

He loves my chocolate fudge. It's a happy thing to see him eat them piece after piece! Hohoho!

Where to buy:

1. Belcolade Dark Chocolate Chips

Really easy to use and so flavourful. I always buy the dark chocolate one with only cacao and sugar as its ingredients. :) Bought them from ToTT at Dunearn Road

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...