Monday 16 July 2012

Sea Salt and Vinegar Double Potato French Fries



Hi!!!!

I spotted delicious-looking russet potatoes in the supermarket the other day, so I bought 5 home, wanting to make delicious food using potatoes! I've never made fries before can you believe it?? But when I saw the oven-baked fries in Chef Chloe's cookbook, I really wanted to try them!

I also spotted some purple sweet potatoes in the kitchen, so I tried to make fries with them too! They were so delicious!!!! They have this naturally sweet taste! So awesome!


Ingredients (serves 2):

- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch fries
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch fries
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- malt vinegar for drizzling (I actually used my trusty Apple Cider Vinegar for this though! Haha!)
- tomato ketchup (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 200℃. Lay a baking tray with parchment paper.

2. Submerge potato sticks in cold water and let soak for 15 minutes.



3. Drain potato sticks and pat dry thoroughly with a paper towel.


4. Transfer potato sticks to the prepared parchment paper-covered tray and drizzle with enough oil to lightly coat each stick. Season with salt and bake for 30 minutes, or until evenly browned with crispy edges. Turn potato sticks with spatula/chopsticks at the 15 minute mark. 

5. Remove from oven and lightly drizzle the vinegar over the fries to taste. Season with more salt to taste and serve with tomato ketchup.





I did this 2 times, once with oil and once without oil.

The one with oil turned out crispier and browner and really fragrant. They were gobbled up by greedy boyfriend and I instantly!

These pictures you see are the 2nd batch without oil. They taste more like baked potatoes. Haha! I think they still taste nice though, but not really like the french fries that we are more familiar with in the fast-food restaurants. 

It was a really delicious and satisfying hot snack on a rainy afternoon! The sweet potatoes were so sweet and delicious! I think it's a great idea to make them into easy-to-eat fries! ^^


I really want you to try them! They are insanely good! My boyfriend couldn't stop complimenting them and wanted more! ^^

'Like' Happy Girls Cute Food on Facebook~!!! ^^ Updated daily~!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...