Thursday 7 June 2012

Delicious wraps for an outing!

The other day, my friends and I went cycling. We met at a very early time, so I thought of making wraps for them! 

I love this wrap, but I was too ambitious in putting so many things inside that they were almost bursting! So I had to wrap them with a paper towel to keep them in place.

You can really put whatever you like inside. I had cherry tomatoes, corn, avocado, hashbrowns, carrots, toasted pecans, iceberg lettuce, and luncheon meat.

If I do this all over again, I will make them without the meat and hashbrowns! It will already be super delicious!





Ingredients (makes 6):

-1 Red Onion, diced and soaked in sugar water (or sweet onions)
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half

- 1/2 can of Corn, drained

Sauce to mix onion, cherry tomatoes and corn in:
- juice from 1 Lime / Lemon

- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar (or lime/lemon juice)
- 2 teaspoon Maple Syrup (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (optional)



- 6 Wraps (of any variety)
- Handful of Pecans (or any other nuts)
- 3 slices of Luncheon Meat
- 3 Hashbrowns

- 1 medium-sized Carrot, washed and sliced
- 6 leaves of Lettuce, washed
- 1 Avocado, peeled, sliced into strips, and drizzled with some lime/lemon juice

- Mayonnaise (optional)



LET'S MAKE! 


1. In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients for the sauce together. 

2. Drain diced onions from sugar water.

3. Toss onions, tomatoes, and corn in the sauce.


4. Toast the wraps lightly on a frying pan using a small flame. 


5. Toast pecans.


6. Slice luncheon meat.

7. Turn to a medium flame. Fry luncheon meat till it's crispy.

Too much~~~ this is 1 small tin of luncheon meat!

8. Using the oil from the luncheon meat, fry hashbrowns.

I made more than enough for my family's breakfast.

9. Get everything ready!


10. Squeeze some mayonnaise onto toasted wrap and place lettuce over it.


11. Just place everything on top!!! ^^


12. Roll it up! It's a little bit hard with the luncheon meat and hashbrown though. >"< Cut it in half if you want~! ^^


Picture taken from here~! 

If you like this recipe, 'like' my page! Join our growing community~! ^^ Happy Girls Cute Food Facebook page is updated everyday~! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...